An oral or written statement by or on behalf of the client that can reasonably be taken to express dissatisfaction regarding the services provided by the lawyer.
The client or his/her representative who is filing a Complaint.
The protocol our firm uses to handle Complaints.
This document, being the written representation of our firms Complaints Protocol.
The person handling the Complaint; not being the lawyer implicated in the Complaint.
Complaint Registration Form
A form for internal use by the firm during the execution of the Complaints Protocol stipulated in the Complaints Procedure.
This Complaints Procedure has the following objectives:
- Establish a protocol for handling Complaints from clients within a reasonable period of time and in a constructive manner,
- Establish a protocol for determining the causes underlying Complaints from clients,
- Retain and improve existing customer relations through proper handling of Complaints,
- Provide team members with training on client-centered responses to Complaints
- Improve service quality through Complaints handling and analysis.
3. Informing the client
The lawyer will inform the client that the firm has a Complaints Procedure in place.
4. The internal Complaints Protocol
- If a client submits a Complaint to the firm in any way, the implicated lawyer shall be notified.
- The implicated lawyer shall try to settle the Complaint in collaboration with the client, with or without consulting the Complaints Officer.
- The implicated lawyer or Complaints Officer respectively shall make sure the Complaint is handled properly, in accordance with the present Complaints Procedure.
- Confidentiality shall be maintained in all circumstances.
- The outcome of the Complaints Procedure shall be communicated to the client.
5. Registration and categorization of the Complaint
- All Complaints are registered using the Complaint Registration Form.
- The Complaints Officer registers and categorizes the Complaint.
- The Complaint is categorized in the following ways:
- By manner of submission, i.e.:
- By Complaint type, using the following types:
- I. Complaints about the lawyer's working method / treatment of the client
- II. Complaints about the legal content of the provided services
- III. Complaints about the financial aspects of the provided services
- IV. Complaints about general practice and management.
- A single Complaint can have multiple categories.
- If the Complaint has been settled in a satisfactory manner, the implicated lawyer and the Complaints Officer will sign the Complaint Registration Form.
- The lawyer implicated in the Complaint and Complaints Officer respectively are responsible for handling and settling Complaints.
- The Complaints Officer is responsible for completing the Complaint Registration Form.
- The implicated lawyer will keep the Complaints Officer informed of the progress in handling the Complaint.
- The firm shall settle the Complaint in writing within four weeks.
- The Complaints Officer will provide the Complainant with a response.
- The Complaints Officer will maintain the Complaint file.
7. Complaints analysis
- Upon completion of the Complaint, the Complaint Registration Forms will be collectively stored with the Complaints Officer.
- The Complaints Officer will draw up regular reports on the settlement of Complaints.
- The Complaints Officer processes the data and provides an annual analysis.
- The Complaints Officer also makes recommendations for the prevention of new Complaints and the improvement of current procedures.
8. Internal evaluation
- Once a year, the analyzed Complaints data will be evaluated in an internal meeting.
- Improvements will be prepared and scheduled.
- The Complaints Officer shall prepare this meeting and analyze the data.
9. Preventative measures
- Based on the Complaints Officer's annual analysis, the firm decides on preventive measures that will improve service quality.
- The measures to be implemented will be presented with the analysis at the annual firm meeting.